ONE OF EUROPE'S OLDEST MTB STAGES RACES IS COMING BACK
As the tradition says, the VolCAT 2021 will be held in the middle of Holy Week in its 16th edition. The 2021 edition will be the seventh consecutive year that the VolCAT gives UCI points in the XCS S2 category, becoming a meeting point for the international elite cyclists.
· The oldest mountain bike stages race in Spain and one of the most ancient in Europe.
· 16th edition.
· Presence of world-class bikers ( World MTB Marathon Champions, National XCO Champions...)
· Four stages of authentic BTT with an amazing queen stage full of singletracks.
· Different and surprising stages between Anoia i Bages. ( Great network of singletracks )
· International UCI competition and Open participation.
· Competition and popular format.
· Excellent tracks and services included.
4 stages. 4 days. Spectacular landscapes
It is a MTB test that consists of 4 stages in 4 different days. The race crosses the singular landscapes of the central Catalonia, going through a variety of territories that will be enjoyable for the competitors, accompanists and the public. This is thanks to the brilliance of the spots of the circuit.
Also hold the ELIMINATOR, an MTB modality that is getting popular in MTB World Championships. This race will be for the 30 best cyclists (20 men & 10 women) of the general classification.
As last 3 years editions, VolCAT will have an only location for all the stages of the race, Igualada, capital of the Anoia region, where the starts and the emotion of the arrival will be lived.